Tuesday, May 4, 2010

as seth

this is seth from a short story of mine:

i hate writing. but michael jackson is awesome. that's all i hafta say for now.


it's so late. i have nothing else to do. i'm not sure the point of writing but i'm going to do it anyway. maybe one day someone will read it, ha. i guess i could just list things that happened to me today. but i think that'd be boring. i will just go around my room looking at shit and you can decide if it's interesting: there's my hellraiser poster. i love that thing. all the pins in his head. that was a great movie. i like how people can take on other peoples' skins. that would be freaking awesome.

oh then there's my desk. i hardly ever sit there; it has some trophies from soccer on it, and a couple of things i bought on vacation, a snow globe, all that crap. it reminds me.. of being a kid. and of how crappy growin up is. it's funny because it should make me happy, but it doesn't, it does the opposite.

i have some books but a lot of them are old. a lot of the stuff in my room is from when i was younger and i just never got rid of it. kinda wierd, i know. for example, one of the books is called The Giver. i actually like children's books better than other ones. i think all books should be written at a children's level. well, no, but those are the only ones i like to read. they are simple and you can understand them and they use clear and vivid descriptions. i think they have a lot more to say than the books we read for class, for example the jungle. they try so hard to use "themes" and "symbols" and shit when really that stuff exists anyway, you don't have to try and put it there. for example, the theme of this post is my room. the symbols are, like, all around me. they are all symbols for me. see, i just did it without even trying. people think that to make something great you have to be thinking really hard, but i think not thinking hard or at all has just as much value, if not more.

there's my computer, which is pretty old but i still like it. i play computer games a lot. well i used to more than i do now. mostly now i just use it for schoolwork and to go on the internet and download music. let's see..the last song i downloaded was called Fire by Jimi Hendrix. I want my parents to get me a guitar, but my dad just says i can have my uncle's old one. i dont want his old one, i want my own. he hates getting me new things. i hate him.

then there's my bed: it has a blue comforter and gray sheets. i love my bed. i picked out the sheets, they are jersey cotton. i like to just lie in bed wiht my window open some mornings when i dont have school. in fact that is probably my favorite thing to do. we have a big oak tree just outisde my window and i swear I spend like hours just staring into its leaves. well not hours but probably a long time. that is where i do all my daydreaming. oh, and i dont have real dreams. they just don't come. it's weird. i dont think i sleep well, or normally. so i have to dream when i'm awake. it's funner that way because i can control it.

No comments: