Saturday, April 24, 2010

huh

you
you get lost in mirrors
who?
what is that noise
that light in the corner
it reminds me of
a little person
a little person gesturing
i think
and oh
in my dreams
all these people they say
they say things it is cute it is fun
dreams they provide me
some narrative some structure
and i read and reread
and i reread
each of my words, my words
trying to
well lets see
let's slow
just down
let's
just
begin.
i try and try
with the words
ahem, cough, gulp
the words the words
here they go and up
and down the page
yes they have
their own little clicking
feasting and waiting
to be read to be
sanctified
i can read i can read
and oh
the branch
in the window!
it is like a little man
waving to me it is like
god just now said hello
but it is a jumping
fear in my chest
and i type words
they come they come
out of me out of
things and light
the most boring
day is the one
you touch but you cannot
begin to feel--see that is why
you reread words
you have to find
to go to find sound
to begin meticulous
to understand
a backbone a sufficient
energy of out of you
curving thought and nascent
being you i guess
the wave branching
or other way
around the day
the light tracking
skin well i guess
words they sound
as empty as anything else
and that is why i keep
i keep i keep
reading them
where am i in them
i wonder where is
an answer a miracle

No comments: