Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Alone and Not Alone

You lay in bed you
Watch TV.
The color of his clothes
Does not matter; but how
Does one remember how to see?
I alone I not alone.

Last comes the white night
Under me breathing steadily
Something groans and I sink
Laughing into its green net...

Oh, wake up in the middle
Of the night, to feel less
Alone. On the computer
Feeling less and less and less
Of yourself, less alone of course.


Create and the night comes frothing.
Mix up labels and dreams
Come fighting. Take
A little time to scratch out
The leftovers, of time, forgotten
You have forgotten all of yourself.

Remember: the option of refusal
Does not belong wholly to oneself;
Remember: the sheets the bed nagging
Oneself to get inside. A nightmare
Claws with mirror-teeth, a seething stupidity
Reserved only for your legs
It rides and cries in silences
Alone you are not alone.

Yes, I have cleaned the beaureau;
I have holy notes of winnings
In my pocket; pockets
That offer simple dearths
To be filled by what was once
Easy and is now an option.

Alone I am not;
Agree with me night;
Face the turbulence of unwritten air
And blank the faces in this game
Which move steadily in single
File lines groaning, O
You are not alone like we all are.

No comments: