Monday, November 16, 2009

Nourishment

I've decided I really like blogging. It's perfect for the vain shy person, for the narcissist with an inferiority complex, for the egomaniac who would prefer not to be one. Though I am not saying I am any of these things. But it is perfect for those people.

This morning I have nothing to say: but just instantly typing on my blog gives me something to say, to YOU, imaginary listener in my head who might one day become a reality.

I have decided that the holidays, for me, anymore, are solely about food. And that is fine. Food can be very spiritual. It's physical nourishment--spirituality is all about nourishment. And the nourishment comes in all different forms--whether it's the pistachio and dried cranberry biscotti dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles my mom makes (u jealous??) or the turkey wrap your boyfriend makes (my boyfriend makes) or the chips and dip the other people make, the people who may or may not be Mexican, or those who definitely aren't. Think of what you eat and how it defines you. I eat hard chips dipped into salsa--I like the crisp, the honey color of them, I like the breathy textures between the two spaces. Foods I don't like based on texture: that gunky part of the middle tomato (who likes that? if you do you must be a serial killer); also macaroni and cheese and scallopped potatoes kind of gross me out. Even pickles sometimes get to me--their translucence.

This holiday I am making pumpkin cream cheese muffins for my boyfriend's parents for Thanksgiving. I figured they would enjoy something with a lump of something gooey inside--that is just what I gathered from spending some time in their house. Also I am making them with Splenda--but I don't tell anyone this. If they knew they were getting gipped out of hundreds of calories they might be mad at me.

I have not started holiday shopping yet. I want to do it all in one fell swoop--I want to fall, and in the process swoop up all of the presents. I might have to be at Walmart to do this. That is fine. Miley Cyrus has a new line of clothes there that are really freaking cute, except her skinny jeans might not even fit my arm.

Today I have to teach--actually, no I don't, they are just workshopping, so they teach themselves--and then I am ... probably going to write more. Maybe I will just keep posting and posting and posting, until all the internet space is mine!! Mine!!! I want it all!!

Actually I just could really go for some holiday food. Some stuffing. Cranberry. Makes me feel all pilgrimmy. And then I want to smoke a pipe. Yes, that is my goal for this holiday--smoke a pipe, and maybe play in some snow. And drink a spiked warm drink--can be anything. Anything except egg nog, which feels like something my body should want to rid itself of rather than imbibe.

That is all. Ending.... right..... ish..... now. Okay, now. No, now. Now. Now.

Goodbye.

No comments: