Sunday, January 17, 2010

bands and trees

just found the most awesomest band to rock the planet... isn't it amazing how certain things that are really really close to how you feel have been around and you have no contact with them? what brings us into contact with them? I wonder. for me it was pandora. listening yesterday it played this band and now i am fully obsessed. i can't stop listening to them on youtube. they are the perfect mix of glam rock pop and emo, and whatever else they embody. they are funky and fun and the lyrics are FINALLY, FUCKING WELL WRITTEN. I'm sorry for all you regina spektor fans but my freshmen comp students could write better lyrics. i want a smart musician; this is one.

and it just makes me wanna dance. wherever i am. in this coffee shop, for instance.

i'm writin' the thesis. today is a good day. it is a wide open day with wide open days for natural reminders and bracketed in more wide openness. monday and tuesday are free for me. i will write and hopefully produce something sonorous. i like ... listening to these awesome guys, and being in a new place, whose location i will NOT DISCLOSE bc i want it to be all mine.. hehe. but the food here is amazing and it's kinda far but it's surrounded by beautiful long and gray green trees that remind me of up north. i feel like i wanna go take a walk around a lake after this.

No comments: